kradeelav: Zihark, FE10 (friendly)
[personal profile] kradeelav
> People who do/don't drink coffee: why did you start?
> I don't drink coffee and I've never wanted to, but that's obviously ~not normal~, so I'm curious why most people do start drinking it.

(source, via am-herrington)
 

thinking back, i always had chronic exhaustion (most likely culprit being osteoarthritis from birth), and initially i appreciated that morning kick, but also really love the warmth, even in southern summers. to me it has more body/flavor than tea, which i try to get into several times a year but never could.

starbucks mochas very specifically (no other mocha) also have a weird mystery ingredient that usually lends a really strong drawing "groove" kick for the rest of the day. used to have a bad reliance on those when i worked in-office since there was one within walking distance, but now it's just a once a month treat.

generally these days it's a stringent x2 small cups of dunkin donuts per day (via those giant costco tins). :)  cheap, good moderation, still gets the kick.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-30 01:30 am (UTC)
ellerean: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ellerean
I'm mostly a tea gal, but I hear you on the more body part of coffee. I don't remember when I started drinking it (maybe when I became a people manager... haha), but there are some days you just need something with substance—especially in these cold, northern winters!

I have some Starbucks money to burn... I must try that mocha.

(no subject)

Date: 2026-09-04 01:57 pm (UTC)
ellerean: (Default)
From: [personal profile] ellerean
Pffft I got inspiration for Talrega's winters from somewhere :D (and it's not that cold up here... in comparison.)

(no subject)

Date: 2026-08-31 04:38 am (UTC)
karel: (Default)
From: [personal profile] karel
coffee and most caffeinated beverages are far, far too low of a stimulant to move the needle unless it's stacked pretty heavily, but man. feel you on that flavor/body. warm, flavorful drink: good. so good. my mom and I joke that coffee is a bedtime drink XD it's what I started getting out of tea, too, once I really got into black teas

Preview